(Available in Baltimore, Northern Virginia and Washington, DC)
Hospice is a philosophy of care that offers comfort and compassion for those at the end of their journey. Hospice provides end of life care, prevention or the relief of symptoms, and support for the patient and the family. We understand that most people would prefer to spend their final time at home among family and friends, while still remaining under professional medical supervision. Our hospice care makes that possible through skilled nursing, personal assistance, and relief of psychological, physical, and spiritual pain.
Opting for hospice care is a very personal decision and Professional Healthcare will work with you, your family, and your physician to prepare a hospice care plan, which includes:
- Nursing, home health assistance, and social work
- Symptom management
- Support services
- Spiritual support and pastoral care services
- Bereavement counseling for family members
Our hospice team supports your decision to remain in a comfortable and familiar environment and combines professional skills with compassion and support. Our multidisciplinary team includes physicians, registered nurses, social workers, home health aides, therapists, chaplains, a bereavement team, and specially trained volunteers and office support staff.
Every effort is made to effectively manage symptoms that negatively impact your quality of life. Home visits from members of the hospice team are provided on a regular basis and on-call service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Professional Healthcare Resources is committed to the highest standards of quality in the healthcare industry today. Our mission is to provide high quality home health care and hospice services to more people.
Hospice Guiding Principles
The mission of hospice is to provide HOPE when an illness cannot be cured. Hospice provides a comprehensive range of palliative services to meet the physical, psychosocial, emotional, spiritual and bereavement needs of patients, their families and their loved ones.
- Hospice affirms life
- Hospice focuses on QUALITY of life, not quantity of life
- Hospice provides dignity and respect for life in its final stages
- Hospice does not attempt to cure an illness; hospice focuses on providing comfort and managing the symptoms of that illness
- Hospice does not hasten death or prolong life beyond its natural end
- Hospice provides highly competent care tailored to the individual patient’s needs
- Hospice is a choice
Getting More Information
For more information about our hospice services, contact our Central Intake Department at 866.243.1234 or email email@example.com.